Saturday, December 20, 2008

Save the fruit cake, save the world...

I have a confession... I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve fruit cake. But it has come to my attention recently that I may possibly be one of the only people in America that does! What is wrong with you people? Have you even tasted it?

Now I admit that sometimes it can look a little questionable... all those colored fruits and raisins cooked into a thick, stodgy cake... but trust me when I tell you I find it absolutely delectable! Especially when it is topped off with pecans... heated up and swimming in heavy cream... oh how heavenly!!!

Anyway, I am implore you... please do NOT discard your fruit cakes... you are more than welcome to drop them at my doorstep... I am offering fruit cake amnesty here people! No questions asked :)

5 comments:

Higleys said...

It's hard to try something that is such a social no-no. If I get one and don't try it I'll mail it to you.

R Clan said...

I think enough of us are smart enough not to make and share them so I will not be giving you any fruitcake because I will not be receiving any. =)

Cindy said...

I had just finished reading your blog when Cal told me about the delicious fruit cake he had eaten at work. "Good Grief," I thought, "there are two people in the world who eat fruitcake and I've discovered both of them in the same day. I loved the Jingle Bells video. It has been hard having Christmas without WFS this year. Wish you parents a very Merry Christmas from the Kelleys!

hdknowles said...

I have to admit I actually love a fruitcake that a friend of mine makes. That would be the only kind I like, although I did try some fruitcake cookies at a cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago that were pretty good. Interesting facts about you, Petra.

Susan said...

My mother-in-law just admitted she likes fruit cake. I, on the other hand, have never tasted it. Maybe I should try it one of these days...