Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Last weekend we decided to head up to Ogden to spend a couple of days with my Mum & Dad. As a gift to the 144 stakes in their mission, all 190 missionaries gathered at the Ogden Tabernacle to present a musical fireside. There was standing room only in the tabernacle which seats approximately 2500 people. It was an amazing night with both spiritual and fun musical numbers presented by the missionaries and some invited guests. I decided to post this video which I thought would be especially appealing to anyone who ever sang with or saw the Washington Family Singers perform at the visitors center.

After crashing for the night at the mission home, we stuck around to put up my Mum and Dad's Christmas tree. (A tradition we have participated in for as many years as we have been able.

Deckin' the halls...

Dee decorating herself

The finished product

Pretending they like each other...

12 years old, and still giving me love

Dad on the other hand...

Just to give you an idea of how tall Dee has gotten...
Mum is wearing shoes. Dee is not.

And just in case you are wondering...
No, MY tree is not up yet!

5 comments:

R Clan said...

How incredibely fun. We love you guys.

hdknowles said...

That brought back such great memories, but the size of that choir puts the WFS to shame! What a fun memory - after a week of being sick, I needed that. Thanks for thinking of the old choir and sharing the video. Your Mum and Dad haven't changed a bit!

We are the Mayletts said...

Hey I aint no holla back girl! Congrats to Mike yay! I remember that countdown not too long ago. My brother is the Ogden City Manager if your parents ever need a hook up...I really have no idea what a city manager could offer. hmmm. but hey who knows.
Happy Holidays!

Karen said...

Very cute video, that must have been a fun night.

MaryBeth said...

Way too many memories are coming out of my head right now! So much fun!

Hey Petra, can you send me your address...along with Jenna's, Carole's, and your parents? Just send it to my facebook :)