Wednesday, December 17, 2008

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to...

So Hot Hubby and I walked into the dollar store the other day to buy some cheap stocking stuffers and he picks up one of these squeezy toys that has liquid in it...


(Can you already see where I am going with this?) Anyway, I the wise wife that I am, tell him "put that thing down, you are going to pop it!" But alas, as usual, I am sneered at and completely ignored as he continues walking around the store squeezing away.

After asking at least two more times for him to either put it in the cart or put it on the shelf, I suddenly hear a sort of exploding sound at the same time that I feel something spraying on my legs & shoes.

I wish you could have seen his face... he looked like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar... not to mention he is COMPLETELY soaked. Plus, the floor looks like this...


At this point it is not even necessary for me to say "I told you so" because... well... he knows!

As he goes to find an employee, the lady standing next to me sums it up best when she says "don't worry about it, MY kid did the same thing yesterday."

The whole experience reminded me of another time something like this happened. We were on our way home from a fabulous vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC and we pulled into a rest stop because DeAnna (about 4 at the time) was dying to pee. I grabbed her from the minivan while yelling at Hot Hubby not to forget his keys. (He was getting Michael out of his car seat.) "I GOT IT" he snapped back, "it's not like I'm gonna lock them in the car!"

Well I was just washing DeAnna's hands when I heard a very soft, loving voice coming from outside the ladies bathroom.

Hot Hubby: "Ummm... Love?"
Me: "Yes?"
Hot Hubby: "You are not going to believe this!" (Long pause here.)
Me: "Oh no."
Hot Hubby: "Yeah, I locked my keys in the car!" (Nervous laugh here.)
Me: "Please tell me you are joking!"

He wasn't. Lets just say that two hours later, thanks to a kind traveler with a coat hanger, we were finally able to get back on the road.

So what's the moral of this story? Well if you haven't figured it out by now, you must be male!

2 comments:

R Clan said...

I can't stop laughing. This is so hilarious. I am doing my best to keep my dear hubby from responding. But I think I will lose so I am apologizing right now. I need to run because I can't type I am laughing so hard and I am going to pee.

MaryBeth said...

I don't believe you. Mike would never act like this ;)