Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's in a name...

So DeAnna and I had an argument on Saturday... I was telling Jenna that I got Levi jeans for DeAnna really cheap at Ross, ($10.99 a pair... a good deal in my books), and DeAnna pipes in out of nowhere with "those aren't Levi Jeans mom!"

Me: "yes they are!"

DeAnna: "no, they aren't."

Me: "DeAnna, they ARE Levi's... I checked specifically to make sure all three pairs were the same style."

DeAnna: "Mom, I PROMISE you they aren't Levi's."

Me: "Would you like to make a bet?"

DeAnna: "No, but they aren't Levi's."

Well, by the time we had gotten home I had forgotten all about the conversation, but this afternoon after getting home from school, DeAnna comes through to me with her jeans in her hands.

"I wish I HAD bet you mom... look, I told you these jeans AREN'T Levi's..." (big pause as she shows me the label), "they are Lori Strauss!"


9 comments:

Tammy said...

should've bet her, you could have made her clean her room....

R Clan said...

That totally cracks me up. Poor girl. I wish I could've been there.

Irene and Steve Moyer said...

ha ha...what poor DeAnna doesn't know!!

Denise said...

hee hee.

MaryBeth said...

Sucker.

Miss Dee said...

Ya'll need to cut poor DeAnna some slack. You cannot blame her for thinking it looked like..LAURIE! :) So boo yah!

couplabz said...

That is hilarious!!

Jane said...

too funny!

The Hansen Clan said...

You forgot to mention how she thought they were "Ross Brand".....LOL!!!!