Saturday, November 22, 2008

Laugh and the world laughs with you...

So it has become a joke to my Hot Hubby to pack my lunches in the BIGGEST dish he can find. One day when he called me at work, I innocently said, "Thanks for the lovely lunch, but could you have packed it in a bigger dish?" Apparently he could have.

He has now taken to sometimes sending me with these enormous tupperwares, usually full to the brim with food. I don't know until I get there what I have because I am in such a rush in the morning and he hands me a closed bag with all kinds of things in it including heavy bottles of water. However, I really dread to think what the guy whose refrigerator I store my lunch in thinks about the size of the bowl. I am thinking it goes something like this... "good grief... no wonder that girl is so fat! And how rude of her to use a whole shelf of my mini-fridge!"

I have tried to explain to Hot Hubby how embarrassing it is to carry a container that big as I walk through the office to heat it in the microwave, but to no avail. He calls me at lunch smirking... "did you like your GREAT BIG LUNCH, hahaha?" And I have to answer, "Yes I enjoyed it sweetie, but so did the trash can because as usual it got to eat half of it." (It can't be reheated.) Then there is the guilt trip when I get home with a full bag of all the extra things he packed me that I didn't eat. "Aw, I spent all that time packing you stuff and you didn't eat it?". "Well honey, I ate half of what was in this HUGE container, but then I felt so ill for the rest of the day that I couldn't eat another thing! But thank you all the same :)"

I know some of you may be thinking... What a waste! (Throwing out food is not frugal at all!!!) But hey, what is the cost of a good giggle anyway? (My entire dept gets quite a laugh at my expense almost daily!) And I have to say that he is still the sweetest husband I know for packing my lunch every morning :) Although it is only for 16 more days... (Do you see the ticker??? We are almost there!) Then he will actually be taking the earlier shift for work! Dang it... does that mean I have to start packing his lunch?

4 comments:

Denise said...

It is so sweet that he packs your lunch. I don't even leave the house to go to work and I rarely pack for my husband. I say, hide the big tupperware and enjoy the next couple of weeks!

R Clan said...

Man! I need to find strength enough to get up and do that for my honey. That is really funny. You guys make me laugh.

Princess Chez said...

hehe i love it

Susan said...

That's sweet that he packs your lunch. I'm a slacker as Jeff usually has to fend for himself for lunch.