Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In All Things Give Thanks...

If you ever take note of the times that I post, you will know that quite frequently I post very late at night. I work 40 hours a week outside of the home as well as trying to keep on top of things inside the home, so often I do not get to blog until later in the evening. Sometimes I will sit in bed and draft several blogs at once so I can just go on and post them whenever... so even if it says I posted in the afternoon or morning, chances are I was up writing at midnight.

I have a laptop, which is handy, because I can sit in bed and blog while Mike is catching up on sports or just watching his favorite TV show. However, I absolutely hate having the laptop on my lap... not only do I feel restricted and get very uncomfortable very quickly, but the thing gets pretty dang hot after a while!

So my very thoughtful family bought me the best gift this week... anyone who blogs should have one! It is a computer stand that slides over my bed... kind of like a hospital table! (Heavenly.) It is a bloggers dream... it even tilts. I may never leave my bed again!!!!!



I am not a big fan of my own birthday. It is embarrassing to me to get attention and lets face it, I am not getting any younger, but a lot of people went out of their way to do very nice things for me this week and I just wanted to say thanks... you made this week very special. There are many things I have had to be thankful for. Here are a few...



  • Arriving to work Monday morning at 6am to a desk that had been decorated, (understatement), by my family who had snuck out over the weekend to desecrate it... (yes, that is confetti all over the desk.)

  • Recorded messages on my phone from family & friends...even some of my young women... singing to me. (Even if some of them couldn't hold a tune to save their life, LOL.) This was just awesome!!!! :)

  • A visit from my very busy parents who traveled over an hour just to get to our house, then turned around and traveled an hour back.

  • Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense... My FAVORITE perfume... finally, I can smell like something other than soap or deodorant :)

  • A huge (about 3 feet around) sponge bob balloon that sings Happy Birthday. (My co-workers had good fun flicking pennies at it to get it to go off ALL DAY LONG!)

  • A personalized pie plate that has my NAME etched in it... never again will my pie plate go missing after a social event!

  • Massive sized chocolate bars.

  • Rice Krispie Treats... WITH EXTRA BUTTER!

  • Cafe Rio Lunch, (mmmmm), & Flowers

  • A trip to the movies! (I haven't seen Twilight yet!)

  • Packages and emails from family and friends in Maryland who somehow remembered.

  • Facebook Birthday wishes from friends I haven't seen in years.

I know that as women we are often very hard on ourselves. Have you ever had times that you question if there is anyone that could possibly even like you, never mind love you? I do. Frequently. But this week has not been one of them. I only hope I can return the favor to my family and friends SOON!!!!

Love you guys, and THANK YOU!!! :)

4 comments:

R Clan said...

We love you because you have such a great personality and you are so loving and caring....very Christ like. I feel very blessed that you let me be your friend.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Denise said...

I LOVE that they decorated your office. I'm glad you had such a great birthday.

Henich Family said...

If anyone deserves a wonderful birthday it is you!!!!!

Karen said...

Well happy belated birthday:)