Friday, November 14, 2008

I believe she can fly...

Last Friday I received a call from one of DeAnna's teachers telling me that she was receiving the "Falcon of the Quarter" award this week. They asked me to write a little bit about her and then to come Thursday morning to the school for the presentation and a little reception afterwards. It was to be a big secret (Great... I am just FANTASTIC at keeping secrets.) Anyway, this week I had to severely watch my mouth, (so hard when you are so excited), and even be little sneaky... especially when various people from the school kept calling... (DeAnna is so nosey. She mutes the TV when the phone rings to try and hear! Makes it right difficult to have a conversation.)

The hardest part of the whole thing was the fact that I usually go in to work at 6am, but since this was at 8, I decided to take a half day and just go in afterwards. However, I would have to come up with a good reason for being home, because this is something I NEVER do, and the kids would get suspicious. So I told them that since I have to change my schedule in a few weeks when Dad starts working, I had arranged to do a test run Thursday morning with me getting them to early morning seminary and school to see how long everything would take me. (I know, lame excuse, but it was all I could come up with.)

Can I tell you, my house is completely out of control in the morning! (I am not usually there to witness it!) But that is another story all together...

After a very chaotic morning, I made it to the assembly. Unfortunately Hot Hubby could not make it because he is in clinicals and you can't miss those for ANYTHING! However, Auntie Jenna came with me and it turned out to be a really fun morning... DeAnna even got a plaque to hang on her wall.

This video is for all the family who couldn't be there. It is an awful video, but you can hear ok. If they had told me that the family would be sitting near the back, I would have brought my 10x zoom camera!!!! However, this is better than nothing. (Yes, as usual, you do have to press play!)


Congratulations DeAnna!

I am so proud of you!!! :)

3 comments:

R Clan said...

It's bad when I am crying! You did such an awesome job writing that. I think she is totally awesome and WE certainly love her to death.

Denise said...

yeah! That is so exciting. You must be very proud. I am surprised that they have a big assembly like that every quarter. That must be one great school.

Claudia said...

It's awesome to hear how well DeAnna is doing. She is growing up to be a great young lady. You and Mike have done great raising your children. Tell her congratulations for me.