Friday, October 10, 2008

Truth is stranger than fiction...

Thank you Ruthanne for tagging me. It shows me how much you LOVE me. :) I love you too BTW.

Here are 6 things about me that some say could be considered quirky... (you be the judge):

1. My bed has to be made a certain way… perfectly, all the wrinkles smoothed out, symmetrical on each side. I like to get in it carefully and pull it over the top of me still made up. It can get messy after that, but it has to start out perfect.

2. I always choose the number 13. I don’t know why… I think it is because I know no-one else will choose it because they all think it is bad luck. I also like the volume on our bedroom TV to be on the number 13. Any less, I can’t hear it. Any more, I can’t fall asleep if I want to. 13. That’s what it is all about.

3. I don’t like to end with dessert because I don’t like being left with a sweet taste in my mouth. I will usually grab a pringle or a piece of cheese or something savory after eating something sweet. I AM NOT A SWEET GIRL (in either sense of the phrase.)

4. I HATE being chased up the stairs. I will usually try to be the last one to go up. Hubby knows this, and always waits for me to get a few stairs up, then runs after me. He usually has a very sore shoulder after this happens. (J/K)

5. I only drink iced water with a meal. I can’t imagine drinking milk, soda or juice… that is like mixing… baked beans with… ice-cream. Too many flavors!!!!!! It all about a tall glass of iced water. Mmmmmmmmmm. I am thirsty just thinking about it.

6. I don’t drink milk at ALL, (yuck), but if I have a piece of cake, I like to pour milk over it. Hubby thinks this is weird because I HATE soggy cereal to the point that I will pour a tiny amount of milk over my cereal and drink it off quickly, then eat the cereal… however, I will just let my cake, drenched with milk, dissolve into a bowl of mush.

And here are my six tags… DeAnna & Mike cause they love stuff like this, Jenna because she apparently has run out of things to blog about for the past couple of WEEKS, Karena, Sarah and Irene. :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

I have to say that cake thing sounds kind of gross. But, I will tell Jackson about your number 13 obsession. It is his "magic number" at school and he has no idea that some people think of it as bad luck.

couplabz said...

I'll get right on this after Field Festival tomorrow. Promise ;)

I know it's bed time because I can't seem to type the right letters anymore!

R Clan said...

I so do love you! You gave me my first BIG smile of the day today. You crack me up.

Karen said...

Hi Petra! It's Karen Strong (Kelley). It was nice reading through your blog and seeing pictures of your kids:)