Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Poets are born not made...

So I would love to be able to say that I got my rhyming skills from my dad, but I think that would be an insult to him, because he is WAY better than I am. Here is the reply the REAL poet of the family emailed me when he read my last post:

If I were you, I'd meditate
On how to oxidize your mate.

I'd put HIM in the washing pile
And watch disintegrate his smile

As round and round the tub he span
Until he was well laundered man.

And then he would appreciate
He should not your displeasure bait

But self-comport with more concern
And for your better welfare yearn.

As for the kids, throw them away
And your bad temper fain allay.

Another kid you can obtain --
They're three a penny for your pain

If you are willing to invest
In snoodlums with your laundered pest.

But Michael and DeAnna?, well,
They're ultra cute -- it's hard to tell

If you could gain a better horde
By throwing them straight overboard.

Maybe it's better to retain
The kids and tolerate the stain!

And if you do, just bear in mind
That laundry blues will be a bind

Until the day you just admit
Your family is a mighty hit!
(By: Peter Joyce)

4 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, that is so cute. He is quite good.

Something that came to mind while I was reading that was Pres. Monson's talk at the Sunday AM session of conference. I think he specifically talks about laundry:) It sure made me less stressed...for about a minute.

MaryBeth said...

Way to go Sir Peter! I always liked that guy.

R Clan said...

That is so cute. What an awesome talent you guys have.

Tammy said...

That seems to come stright from the heart! (the heart of the spin cycle!) Your mom has laundered him well...maybe we could hear a poem from her, and it could include what temperature the water should be!)