Saturday, October 11, 2008

He Said, She Said...

While blog stalking, I found a blog where someone had been tagged to answer all these questions about their relationship with their hubby. (Hmm... that sounded like a decent, OK idea.) But an even better idea, I thought, would be to have hubby answer the questions too, and post both sets of answers to see if there were any differences on how both of us see things. (I would have to devise a plan to get him to participate, but I wasn't overly worried.)

So I took the list of questions, typed them out, and typed and printed my answers. Then I took extra paper and a pen along with my answers out on my date last night with my hot hubby. Once we were in the car, I told him I had a fun thing planned for us. ;) (That always raises his eyebrows in a suspicious, distrusting sort of way.) I proceeded to ask him the questions, jotting down word for word what he said. He was a tad hesitant at first, (first words were, "you're not gonna blog about this are you?") but he very quickly got in to the spirit of things, and after he had answered all the questions, I read him my answers.

Can I tell you, this was an ABSOLUTE BLAST for BOTH of us. I highly recommend you doing this with your hubby for some good fun.

So I present to you He Said, She Said. Starring Hot Hubby's answers and comments in pink, and all my answers (and ornery comments) in brown. :)


1. Who eats more?

She Said: This is just one of those things that is not fair. He eats way more than me, but you wouldn't know it to look at him. He will sit and eat an entire pound of M&M's or a half gallon of ice-cream or a dozen donuts. I can't eat a Hershey Kiss without it showing up on my body somewhere. (Obviously I DO eat my fair share of Hershey Kisses. :( )

He Said: ME! I eat WAY more than you do. (Clearly, he's a man of many words.)

2. Who is taller?

She Said: Him. By a measly 1 inch. That's why you rarely see me in heels.

He Said: Me, but if you have heels on, you are taller.

3. Who is smarter?

She Said: We both have things we are smarter at. That is why we are such a good match. he can fix about anything in the house except a computer. I can fix the computer. He can fix any physical ache any of us may have (through massage or exercises), but I am more apt to fix the emotional ailments of the family.

He Said: You of course! (Just his answer here proves his sheer genius... what kind of idiot would tell his wife he is smarter than her????)

4. Who is more stubborn?

She Said: He will say I am, though I have no idea what he is talking about.

He Said: (Way too quickly) You by 100 fold. (Yeah, forget the sheer genius thing.)

5. Who wears the pants in the relationship?

She Said: Him for sure! However, I have the belt that holds up the pants ;)

He Said: I wear the pants, but you have the belt that holds the pants up.

6. Who asked who out first?

She Said: He knew I played basketball and challenged me to a game. I didn't like guys paying for me on dates, so we bet that the winner got to pay for a movie. I did beat him by the way, but he still payed. :)

He Said: Kind of me. I didn't know how to ask you out so I challenged you to a basketball game. Then I beat you and we went to see Rocky 4. (You wish buddy. Your age it getting the best of your memory.)

7. Who kissed who first?

She Said: Ummmm... I honestly don't remember... that was a LOT of kisses ago.

He Said: (Grinning) You kissed me first and you laid it on me! (I HIGHLY doubt that. ;))

8. Who proposed?

She Said: Do you count throwing a ring at me and telling me to put it on as proposing? Don't get me started on this one. It's a bit of a sore point.

He Said: I proposed. (Liar! There was no proposal!)

Stay tuned next week for another episode of He Said, She Said... who knows, maybe we will make this a regular Saturday post... so if you have anything you would like to ask both of us, throw it in the comments section... we'll be happy to oblige. :)

4 comments:

R Clan said...

We both enjoyed reading this together. Talk about black mail for both of you. You've got Corey's head a turning now for a good question to ask. Better watch out. ;)

MaryBeth said...

I have a question for you two...how do you feel about the Cowboys' big fat loss?

:)

goooooood girl said...

Good good good......

Karen said...

Hi Marybeth! I didn't know you were in AZ! I've been in the Phoenix East Valley since '93. Anyway, I'll get to the point. The Cowboys did have a big, fat loss on Sunday! Sorry Petra, we've endured years and years with a loosing team...are you a Cowboys fan?
Also, the He Said, She Said is great :)