Friday, September 19, 2008

Love makes the world go 'round...

Today I had to clean out one of my desk drawers at work because it was so stuffed full on napkins that I could barely close it. Why would I have a drawer full of nothing but napkins you ask? Well my sweet husband started fixing me lunch for work a couple of months ago (since I leave at 5:45am and I am ALWAYS running late). Previously I had just been grabbing a cup-o-noodles to take with me, but after an extended period of eating them, just the thought of them was making me nauseous.

So he started packing me a bag every morning with a lunch, some water bottles, granola bars and you guessed it… napkins. Now I have to tell you that these are no ordinary napkins. THESE napkins always have a personalized message from him written in pen, sharpie, highlighter... whatever he can find! Sometimes they have a cute “Love ya” with a big heart. Other times they say “have a great day” with a smiley face. One time he even sent me a pear to eat with “We make a great pear” attached to it. (Can you say awwwwwwwwww?)

Now whereas the aforementioned napkins are beyond sweet, there have also been some really comical (and extremely corny) messages that don’t just put a smile on my face… they seriously crack me up and while he is probably gonna kill me for this, I have decided that they definitely need to be shared, so here is a small sampling:
  • “Your dad must have been an alien, because you are out of this world.”

  • “Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you got FINE written all over you.”

  • “You are like milk, you do my body good.”

  • “I hope you know CPR, because you are taking my breath away.”

  • “You must be in a band, because you rock my world.”

  • “Is there a fireman around, because you are smokin’.”

  • “Is your nickname TNT, because you are ‘da bomb.”

  • “Is that the sun coming up, or is that just you lighting up my world.”

  • "Is your last name Gillette, because you’re the best a man can get.”

  • “If there was a candy bar named after you, it would be called “Petralicious”

  • “If you were wine, I would be an alcoholic”

  • "If looks could kill, you would be a weapon of mass destruction”

  • “Did you get pulled over by the cops this morning, because it must be illegal to look that good.”

I love you sweetie. Thanks for brightening up my mornings. :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

That is seriously the sweetest thing ever! I might have to steal some of those lines...

hdknowles said...

Sounds like Mike's got a future career working for Hallmark!

R Clan said...

Seriously........that is so totally awesome. "Now I have guilt." (I think that is a line from Toy Story 2). I need to be such a better wife. I am not very good in that area right now. I really should be getting up and making my sweet honey his lunch. He usually just gets left overs from the night before. 7:00 in the morning is too early for me as it is and he leaves no later than 6:30. My eyes are still closed. Anyway, that just makes me love you guys even more. You are such a great example to me.

*~Petra~* said...

Now Ruthanne, you are around Mike & I enough to know we have our struggles and failings just like everyone else!

Nevertheless, I have to pipe in and respond here because you lose sight of your greatness way too often. :( Who is the Queen of the kitchen that makes delicious dinners and delectable deserts for her family (and ours) ALL the time? Well I will give you a clue… It ain’t me. Who spends time every day making her little girls hair look adorably perfect in amazing hairstyles? Again, not me. Who has a fantastic flower AND vegetable garden? Now you know THAT isn’t me! Who goes out walking every day for exercise? I only wish it was me! Don’t make me keep going!

The point here is that YOU are a FANTASTIC wife and mother and I look up to you too... so no feeling guilt, Okay???

(And by the way, Corey wouldn’t have those leftovers if you hadn’t cooked them in the first place!) :)