Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You get what you pay for...

$2 Tuesday's at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point sounded like an excellent idea... after all, $8 for a family of four compared to $40? (How much it would cost on an ordinary day.) That's just too good to pass up right??? You be the judge...

You might want to go to the Museum of Ancient Life on $2 Tuesday's IF:
  • Standing in line for a couple of hours excites you

  • You wish you were a sardine

  • You own stock in hand sanitizer

  • You have no feeling in your feet (thus not minding if hundreds of strollers roll over your toes)

The line was SO long when we got there, that we actually decided to go and drive through American Fork Canyon for a couple of hours first:



However, we did eventually end up back at the museum. The lines to get in weren't quite so long in the afternoon, but once inside we were still packed like sardines in a crushed tin box. (The things we do for our kids!)


4 comments:

R Clan said...

And where, may I ask, are pictures of you?????

MaryBeth said...

Petra, I LOVE reading this and seeing the pictures of your family! Everyone is so beautiful. I swear you guys make me want to move back to Utah :)

Tammy said...

sometimes a bargain just isn't all it's cracked up to be!! I have had a blast reading this! The kids are so big and yes, your 2006 picture is WAY outdated! I love your new home, if we ever get to Utaha, we will have to drop in for a visit!

Janette said...

BTW, I like your new background! When I checked your blog the first time it was different.

I know what you mean with you $2 day. There is a free day at the Denver Nature & Science Museum a couple times a year. We went to one a couple months ago. It took us 30 minutes to find a parking spot, 20 minutes to walk to the museum, we had to shuffle through a big crowd to get past the admission desk, then wait 20 minutes to take the elevator up to the toddler/kid zone. Once we got there it wasn't any better. Each exhibit was overflowing with kids. We ended up not staying too long because Avery got tired so we took our 20 minute walk back to the car. The thing that topped off the experience was I only had a folding stroller that is too short for me. I had just sold my sit-n-stand...which would have made the walk to & from the car sooo much easier. My hubby wasn't there to help cause it was on a school day. Needless to say, I bought another sit-n-stand a couple weeks later...just in time for our flight to AZ.