Friday, August 1, 2008

Better safe than sorry...

So while the two boys were at boys camp this week, DeAnna (who was originally delighted at the prospect of "Girls Night Out" for a few days), quickly realized that she felt much more safe and secure with Dad around to protect us. (Ha! All hail Bee-Slayer!!!!)

I first sensed her fear when she pulled a huge kitchen knife out of the drawer and asked me to take it upstairs "in case someone broke in." I politely declined that request and reassured her that if someone came in I would just wait unseen at the top of the stairs and simply push them down the stairs then go and beat the crap out of them.

For some reason, this was not good enough for her. She insisted that I put something against the front door so that we could at least HEAR them coming in. (Where she would get the idea that someone breaking in would actually come in through the front door, I really don't know, but... whatever!)

Anyway, I am happy to report that no-one actually tried to break in to the house, and we are now most grateful to have the notorious BEE-SLAYER back from camp to watch over us.

I love you honey. :)

No comments: